EQ5 Setting Cirlces

Hey guys managed to get hold of a cheap EQ5 with drive motors to get me going for the next 4 weeks until i order something better.

Anyways, the DEC setting circle moves....i know this isnt right since it should be set out of the factory, if i point my scope @ Polaris and set the DEC to 89, will this be good enough? :D

Many thanks!

its a well known fact that the setting circles on the eq5 are as good as useless,i never use them to polar align as its just too much.there are plenty of good tutorials knocking around for polar aligning without using them.

i would say so as those eq5 clocks are useless,i had an eq5 then bought the dual axis drives,used them once purely for tracking and viewing,then moved onto a goto for the mount as i wanted to do astrophotography

Ok great stuff i pressume it works ok then? :D

Yes only problem I ever have with them is that the small adapter on the end of the cable pulls out easily but a little bit of insulation tape and away you go.

Kev

Archived