Telrad or Rigel quickfind

I've currently got a Rigel quick finder on back order with FLO but am considering changing the order to the Telrad.

Can anyone with a DOB (I have a 200P) point me in the right direction of which to go please.

Initially I thought the Rigel was higher off the OTA so would be easier to use and also has a smaller footprint so easier to attach.

The Telrad however has a 4 degree circle imposed on its screen which presumably would make it easier to find the objects I'm currently struggling with - the downside is the size - not sure how easy this would be to attach to the OTA with or without the orignal spot scope being removed and the fact it is closer to the OTA so more backbreaking than the Rigel.

Appreciate anyones thoughts

thanks folks :D

Steve

Well they say a picture is worth a 1k of words, this is a 10" tube, the finders are not normally left on the tube, also there are circles in Stellarium which i find very useful choice of 2 types, 1 being the Telrad Circles, Stellarium needs to be in windows mode and Alt - O brings up the choice of circle...:D

2012-02-25113957.jpg

Archived