Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dslr + H-Alpha filters question

Hi all

I've got a modified canon 500d. And I've been looking at getting myself an H-Alpha filter for it. My question is how would I then deal with the resulting pics

Do I combine the ha image into the red on the rgb image or do I create a monochrome image from the ha and use it as luminance with the rgb image.

It's all very confusing.

Is there a good straight forward tutorial somewhere that has a step by step guide with photoshop ?

When I used my Ha filter with my DSLR I only ever used it for monotone images, so the lovely red image that came out of the camera was converted to grayscale then just processed normally.

If you are wanting to combine the Ha with RGB, I can't help on that from a specific DSLR point of view, but I suppose it would be the same principle as a mono CCD. Extract the RGB channels then add the Ha to the red channel, recombine and there you have it!

Archived