Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope dilemma. Help!!!

Thanks guys, I will get the mount first.

I see that the place selling the Ikharus ED refractors is near where my brother lives. Maybe I'll call them and see if I can pop round to look at them at some point.

Thanks again :D

I am assuming you mean IanKingImaging then? Well I bought the Ikharus ED80 and am very pleased with it. Just be sure to buy it with the field flattener/reducer since you are looking at Photography. The Scope is an F7. There's a couple of mini reviews of it on the forums.

It has a very nice, smooth Crayford focuser too, retractable dewshield and is very competetively priced when compared to the SW ED80, especially if you purchase with the Flattener/Reducer.

One thing of note though, if you do decide on this scope, ask them to remove the small grub screws and put them in a bag for you. They are fitted on the Crayford, and are inserted in the holes that will accomodate the finderscope.

These have a tendency to work loose and rattle around in the tube. Mine did and damaged the inner lens. Not a problem as IanKinImagin are excellent dealers and they replaced immediately. But prevention is the best cure.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived