Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Night vision imager?

Dave Dubya

I noticed today that Lidl will be selling Bresser nightvision viewer for £59 next week - LIDL Great Britain - lidl.co.uk

Just out of interest, I started looking up reviews about them and found out that a quite a few people seem to use them for astronomy - search on Youtube for Bresser 5x50 and you'll see some good examples.

Has anyone here tried something like this? I'm thinking it'd make a decent meteor imager to play around with.

Isn't it essentially just a webcam attached to a very fast lens. It uses CCD to image and then turn up the gain for viewing. It doesn't use image intensifier found in traditional NV system, so it should be no difference to a standard camera with a fast lens.

Isn't it essentially just a webcam attached to a very fast lens. It uses CCD to image and then turn up the gain for viewing. It doesn't use image intensifier found in traditional NV system, so it should be no difference to a standard camera with a fast lens.

It uses an active IR system with an illiminator....so different to just a standard webcam?

Not avalable down here can't even look at the product...

I have a Night OWL NV monocular which I have used from time to time...

It's the same as this one (hopefully this page is visible) - Bresser NV 5x50 digital Night Vision Scope buy at Outdoor-Ranger.co.uk

Archived