Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Barlow

Frank the Troll

Assuming your scope has a 2" diagonal fitting, then this is a great piece of kit, depends how many 2" ep's you have as to how much it gets used, do you really need it if, for example, if you have 2" ep's for wide-field use? Increasing magnification is usually for planets and Moon, you wouldn't necessarily use 2" ep's for this? Having said this, the SW ED 2" Barlow is a great piece of kit.

Hi Frank, the Baader Hyperions really perform as 1.25" ep's, remove the 1.25" nose piece and you will have a different focal legnth, a barlow is built into this bit, except for the 24mm, you can get a different range of focal lengths with the FTR's (fine tuning rings). To be honest, I don't think you will see any substantial benefit in buying the 2" SW ED Barlow, not for use with the Baader Hyperions anyway.

I don't think you will see any substantial benefit in buying the 2" SW ED Barlow, not for use with the Baader Hyperions anyway.

I wasnt intending to use them on the Baader EP's, it was for the 1.25 EP's I have, if I could afford it, would have a complete set of Baader's

Well I brought a 2" x2 SW ED barlow on fleabay (new) £35, not had a chance to use it yet, will let you know when I do.

Archived