NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st Ever Venus! Feb 19th, DFK+Auto Dob

Space Cowboy

After over 2 years of Planetary imaging finally bagged my first Venus! Typically the cloud hung around until Venus was dropping below 25 degrees but managed to get a few avis though cloud was still causing problems.

Here are 2 quick images using 5x powermate (f26,4).

Not sure whether these are classed as good, poor or average lol

space-cowboy-albums-venus-picture15790-18-57.png

space-cowboy-albums-venus-picture15789-18-55.png

Looks good to me. :D

I turned to venus after jupiter and as i turned to look at the laptop screen it just faded away. For a minute I thought clouds had rolled in but I could see it shining brightly. Then a look through the finder showed a lovely view of the neighbours chimney and that put paid to venus for me!

There very tight Stuart looks to me like you would do very well using a uv Filter. Venus can become tiresome without filters tuned for the clouds, as it will always look the same ( phases are a exception of course ) but the clouds on venus can be very interesting. Look at it this way if jupiter only ever showed a featureless disc, but with a special filter all the bands came out. would you buy one ? venus can be just as interesting i think. with patterns and swirls on occassion. Though of course much harder to catch. But it looks like if you got one and worked on it, you would get some nice cloud details. Though i realize there expensive. In many ways i find venus clouds just as interesting, as Jupiters, a real neglected planet. Hope im tickling your bank balance

As colour shots go these are very good

Cheers Rob & Chris!

Thanks Neil for your comments. Lets make a deal....if I splash out on a UV filter for Venus you get a C14 :)

As you know my DFK would need the IR filter removing which makes the job even more expensive. I might consider it if someone offered me a filter for 50 quid. :D

Cheers Rob & Chris!

Thanks Neil for your comments. Lets make a deal....if I splash out on a UV filter for Venus you get a C14 :)

As you know my DFK would need the IR filter removing which makes the job even more expensive. I might consider it if someone offered me a filter for 50 quid. :D

Trust me Stuart its a deal i would love to make. Another option would be a spc 900 mono and have a good lunar cam as a second camera, Andy ellis might still mod the spcs, the old chip does well in uv and is cheaper. If i had the dosh Id strike that deal. But i realize thats the problem for everyone, Dont think i think everyone is made of money, I struggle to get what i need too Stuart, But unlike football its real valid:icon_eek:

I hope to wet your appetite soon. but summer might be better when venus rises in the morning. But im going to have a bash soon as i can over my roof. If i hear you holding your bank manager hostage in the news. Im going to have to plan a job too:glasses1:

Archived