Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image posting

Astronut

Putting images on my own ISP supplied webspace is a bit of a pain ie. to create a thumbnail I have to manually process/reduce each image and post 2 images - the main one plus a thumbnail, so...

if I attach an image to a post (using the additional options link), is a thumbnail automatically created? I understand the filesize is limited for attaching images directly to posts to 100kB and only 4 images per post - is this correct? Would I do better to register with iseestars.net ie. would this give me more options regarding filesizes/thumbnail creation etc.?

Hi Astronut,

The forum does automatically create a thumbnail but has a limited filesize, this is to cater for people with slower internet connections we didn't want the forum swamped with really huge images and the forum doesn't have the ability to resize larger images.

I run both Isee Stars and Stargazrs.com, for ease of use I would recommend registering for a free account at: http://stargazrs.com, uploading an image is a relatively straightforward job and the site produces a thumbnail, medium, large and tiny sized image. Under the image it also gives you the 'embed code' to copy and paste into the forum, this gives you a thumbnail which when clicked on goes to the large version of the image.

I really need to do a primer for uploading and managing images on Stargazrs.com but in the meantime, should you choose that route and have any problems then don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks Grant. I was under the impression that stargazrs.com was purely for astrophotos but if it's for anything astro related (eg. astro equipment photos) then I'll sign up. I see alot of people have posted equipment photos on iseestars.net - would this be more acceptable from a forum netiquette viewpoint?

Stargazrs is for anything astro related and so is Isee Stars - they solve the same problem but Stargazrs is the newer version and does more stuff like event listings, video posting, blog posting and other goodies like the things you see in peoples signatures showing their latest photos...

I'd recommend Stargazrs :wink:

Archived