Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Mars 200p Flextube Auto

eyepod

First quick test of my new scope this was only 355 frames of 1050 as i had to stop because of the damn clouds again, but this i'm pleased with, alot more detail showing than the 4se this was at F15 using 2.5x barlow didnt get the chance to go higher hopefully the weather will improve soon:)

post-27261-133877732999_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stuart I'm still saving for the powermate but im going to stack my 2x and 2.5x together for now. The focusing is so much easier on this scope as you have detail to focus on instead of just a orange blob plus the image doesn't move all over the place when you touch the focus wheel. shame i only got a short avi but i spent far to much time looking at M42 last night :)

Thanks Stuart I'm still saving for the powermate but im going to stack my 2x and 2.5x together for now. The focusing is so much easier on this scope as you have detail to focus on instead of just a orange blob plus the image doesn't move all over the place when you touch the focus wheel. shame i only got a short avi but i spent far to much time looking at M42 last night :)

Not sure about a 5x powermate Jason with your scope being f6. Remember the powermate is only 5x when observing. Used with a ccd cam it can be anything up to 7.7x (according to the Tv website) . Mine produces 6x so that would be f36 for your scope which is right on the limit.

Stacking your barlows sounds a good idea especially if you can unscrew the lens off one and use it as an extension tube.

Thanks again stuart i've checked one of my barlows the 2x does unscrew leaving a nice extension tube.

Can i just ask about the setup

Is it

1 Level the base and point north

2 set to 0 on the scale then switch off

3 switch on and use polaris to set latitude

4 then slew to object using up and to right to center before setting tracking on.. i assume down and to the right if your looking towards the west

many thanks

Jason

Thanks again stuart i've checked one of my barlows the 2x does unscrew leaving a nice extension tube.

Can i just ask about the setup

Is it

1 Level the base and point north

2 set to 0 on the scale then switch off

3 switch on and use polaris to set latitude

4 then slew to object using up and to right to center before setting tracking on.. i assume down and to the right if your looking towards the west

many thanks

Jason

Unless the manual has changed you only need to set the latitude once (handset saves setting) unless you are in a different location. I simply point the OTA in the direction of polaris then set the OTA to 0 using the "up" key last then switching off power for 10 secs, switch on, slew to the target and again using the "up" key last to centre in eyepiece before activating tracking.

Maybe your polaris lattitude method works even better? :)

Archived