Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NASA ISS...

Usually its a naked eye opject.

Typically the magnitude can reach -3.0 so its about the brightest thing in the night sky.

Tracking it with a telescope is tricky but have done it with my ED80 on a manual Alt/Az mount.

For detail you might be able to see some with 10x50 bins.

Usually its a naked eye opject.

Typically the magnitude can reach -3.0 so its about the brightest thing in the night sky.

Tracking it with a telescope is tricky but have done it with my ED80 on a manual Alt/Az mount.

For detail you might be able to see some with 10x50 bins.

Fab tracking!!! How did it look? what detail did you manage to see? I would see it with the naked eye... but would love to see some detail... so10x50 binos to purchase thanks... :icon_scratch:

Fab tracking!!! How did it look? what detail did you manage to see? I would see it with the naked eye... but would love to see some detail... so10x50 binos to purchase thanks... :icon_scratch:

It looks like a letter "H" with the central living quarters linking four large solar panels. this was at 40x magnification :)

you can see it with the eye....if you have an andriod phone get your self ''iss detector'' from the market.... it passes over tonite twice...cloud pending...its easly viewable in desent bins.............SG..............

I don't have android phone... :) Im gonna have to find a website to help locate... :icon_scratch:

It looks like a letter "H" with the central living quarters linking four large solar panels. this was at 40x magnification :)

Wow a great view such detail... don't think my viewing will be as good... :icon_scratch:

Hey Ella

As peeps have already said, various sites have info on visible passes (from your location) including Stellarium. It is amazing when you look up at it to think that there are actually a bunch of people 'on/in it'. I havent managed to see it through my scope yet, but have no auto tracking so not holding up any hopes. My bins are 10x50's, when I can hold them still enough, the basic shape is just visible.

I did hear something about an amazing sight when they 'dump their waste' lol, it apparantly freezes/crystallises as its ejected and creates a glistening trail. Unfortunately I think they recycle everything now and nothing gets chucked overboard. Shame, well in a way like.

Good luck seeing it :icon_scratch:

Ed

I did get a satellite in my FOV in my 10" and tracked it for about 30 seconds. Not the ISS though and it did prove quite tricky keeping it in the FOV, try this site for Satellite tracking, just go to configuration, select from the map and put a pin on your location.

Thankyou for this link... :icon_scratch:

Hey Ella

As peeps have already said, various sites have info on visible passes (from your location) including Stellarium. It is amazing when you look up at it to think that there are actually a bunch of people 'on/in it'. I havent managed to see it through my scope yet, but have no auto tracking so not holding up any hopes. My bins are 10x50's, when I can hold them still enough, the basic shape is just visible.

I did hear something about an amazing sight when they 'dump their waste' lol, it apparantly freezes/crystallises as its ejected and creates a glistening trail. Unfortunately I think they recycle everything now and nothing gets chucked overboard. Shame, well in a way like.

Good luck seeing it :)

Ed

Really want to see this glistening waste now just as much as the ISS itself... darns to recycling... :icon_scratch:

Archived