Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How heavy is too heavy?

Dunkster

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks John - that's an interesting read. If I have to get fuzzy with the felt then so be it! The 8.8 has arrived already, but I've only had a chance for a quick look with the weather and work conspiring against me. I've also decided to get the 11mm ES82.

With my current thinking, I'm heading for a balance...

• 8.8mm for planetary when the seeing is good
  • 11mm for planetary when the seeing is less good
  • 20mm for wider field

Thanks to all the feedback, I'm aiming for a Nagler 20T5... figured I might as well treat myself :D

That leaves me with a decent gap in the middle, but I'm in no rush to spend everything the overtime gains me :(

• 1 month later...

I have a 20mm T5. It and the 13mm Ethos are my most used DSO eyepieces, more useful than the 31mm T5 from my back garden. Congratulations on the ES 14mm too :)

The 20mm T5 seems a very compact 2" unit compared to most but it's deceptively heavy !

Yes indeed! I think I need to either:

(a) pace myself with my current setup, with summer almost being upon us and all

or

(:) focus all my efforts on getting a bigger scope to better appreciate the inevitable :)

Yes indeed! I think I need to either:

(a) pace myself with my current setup, with summer almost being upon us and all

or

(:o focus all my efforts on getting a bigger scope to better appreciate the inevitable :)

(:D deffinitily (:):)

Archived