Reticule with Tal 100rs

I have a new Tal 100rs (Yay: thanks FLO)!

With the bits and bobs came a screw threaded reticule (cross hairs not a handbag) - is this to screw into an eyepiece (at the bottom)? For instance into the 25mm thus aiding centring before stepping up to the 6.3mm?

TIA

Carl

I had one with my tal1 reflector, thought it was to help tracking an image. But then again praps not.

Sorry (dense person alert :)) - help with tracking an image how - through the eyepiece?

If so then I'll put it away (I don't image yet) - and maybe in the future it can come out to play.

Thanks for the help.

Carl

Can't speak for the new TALs (all mine are a bit ancient!) but the idea with the threaded reticule is that you screw it into the 25mm EP and use it to aid your aligning with the finderscope. Once done, remove the reticule and replace the EP. Saves trying to judge the centre of your FOV I suppose (although most people manage quite well without resorting to EP cross hairs!).

Can't speak for the new TALs (all mine are a bit ancient!) but the idea with the threaded reticule is that you screw it into the 25mm EP and use it to aid your aligning with the finderscope. Once done, remove the reticule and replace the EP. Saves trying to judge the centre of your FOV I suppose (although most people manage quite well without resorting to EP cross hairs!).

Thank you!

Hi

<Saves trying to judge the centre of your FOV I suppose (although most people manage quite well without resorting to EP cross hairs!).>

I must admit I found the reticule made aligning scope and finder much easier with my TAL than trying to do the same for my 8SE with the plastic red dot thing that came with the Celestron!

I like my TAL - wish the last few nights had been decent - only got to get out once since I got it :-).

Archived