skywatcher explorer 130

Hi everybody im new here and after a bit of advise, i have a Skywatcher explorer 130 Sky-Watcher Explorer-130 (EQ2) Newtonian Reflector Telescope#

and i wanted to buy a goto mount for it i was wondering if anybody knew if it would fit on Skywatcher SynScan AZ GoTo Mount and Tripod Sky-Watcher Explorer-130 (EQ2) Newtonian Reflector Telescope#

Any help would be very appricated as i dont really want to pay out £200 and it not to fit.

Many Thanks

Jamie

I think the advise already given, that if you want to upgrade to a GOTO then changing your scope would be the better option, at present it would be just like mounting a basic scope onto an expensive deluxe drive mechanism. your present scope only has a standard spherical reflecting mirror, to upgrade to parabolic mirror would be a significant improvement, to understand this you would need to look up the technical differences, but basically a parabolic mirror transforms the spherical light waves entering the scope and converges them towards the point of focus, thereby correcting spherical aberrations found in basic spherical reflectors, which is the difference between the SW 130 and the 130P HTH :)

Thank you for all the advise can anybody recommend a decent scope and goto mount for around £350 to £450 might have a look on eBay they have a sky max 127 going for £300 at the moment, I'm really interested in the planet and nebulars but don't want to go wasting my money on rubbish.

Archived