Astronomy Clubs in Richmond-upon-Thames

Michael Bartlett

I agree, I live in Hampton Hill and went to RKAS a few times, but they are not good at advertising themselves, not even sure if they still exist. I have attended Ewell AS, Reading, Guildford and Croydon, all fairly easy to get to by public transport. Due to sudden poverty I am taking a break from club meetings. Must try to concentrate on getting out in the cold and doing some observing instead! All the ones mentioned are active and helpful to new members and people wanting to find out more. Check out their websites, several hold extra meetings and observing events that should be well worth trying to get to.

Cheers

PEterW

Hope this helps

PEter

I'm in Walton on Thames and get down to Guildford AS when I can. Only takes about 20 to 30 mins in the evening so not too bad

Astronomy4everyone observe regularly at Albury Heath, worth checking out too

Stu

Deer!Wouldmreally be for easily portable kit as it is locked to cars at night. If you have a car(which I dont) then Albury or Ranmore Common (Surrey observers SGL group use, just above Dorking) would be a better bet, darker and you can drive all the kit you like up there?

Best of luck

PEterW

• 3 months later...

Hi, I would be interested in setting up in Richmond park for ad-hoc viewings, also Wimbledon common has some good sites that are shielded from the direct light polution. Will let people know the viewing conditions from Wimbledon once we get some cloud free skys.

Chris

Archived