Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Taking photos on Scopes??

MattyJ94

Hey guys, i've recently bought my first scope and I stumbled upon other posters commenting about their photos using proper equipment and others just holding a camera to their eye-piece (which i am definetly going to try when the skies clear!). But i've heard talk about T-Adaptors and T-Rings and was wondering if anyone can help with any extra info? My camera is a Canon 350D SLR and my scope is a Celestron Powerseeker 50AZ.

Any help at all is appreciated :)

Matt

I would recommend that you don't try prime focus photography with your telescope (camera body attached directly to the focuser). The 50AZ has a lightweight mount and the telescope is fixed directly to it. With a heavy DSLR such as your 350D hanging off the back it will possibly become unbalanced and unstable. Afocal photography (camera photographing through an eyepiece) is your best option.

Peter

I would recommend that you don't try prime focus photography with your telescope (camera body attached directly to the focuser). The 50AZ has a lightweight mount and the telescope is fixed directly to it. With a heavy DSLR such as your 350D hanging off the back it will possibly become unbalanced and unstable. Afocal photography (camera photographing through an eyepiece) is your best option.

Peter

Right okay, thanks for the information. Yeah I did notice about the tripod for my scope, it can be a bit wobbly, but then for £40 I can't complain. I'll make sure i get some photos up when the sky clears! Thanks again

Matt

You could aslo maybe try some webcam images of the moom and brighter planets. Lots of info on here about that and the light weight of a webcam wouldn't be a problem, though the limited aperture and wobbly mount might be.

I did some on a 70 az and it was ok and a good learning experience.

Archived