Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR adapters

mark RD

You will need a T ring and a T ring to telescope adapter.

These come in 1.25 and 2" Best get the 2" version.

T ring.

image.jpg

You don't need the middle extention bit but you will need the end adapter.

image.jpg

I was unable to get focus while using an f6.3 reducer and attaching the camera (350D) to the diagonal (had to attach the camera without it with the reducer on). I take it that's what the extension helps with? If it is then I would recommend getting one from the start.... it's a tad frustrating when you finally get a clear night to try out that new reducer only to find you can't get focus :)

A focal reducer would move the focus point inwards so that's why that happened. The camera stuck straight on - that's a kind of middle position and if you use a Barlow lens you have to come out even more.

This is why they invented electricity pylons BTW, to help check focus in the daytime.

Kaptain Klevtsov

You don't need the middle extention bit but you will need the end adapter.

Probably DO need the extension for the ED80 BTW.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I stand corrected.

You are quite right CC, I hadn't taken into account Marks scope.... 8)

Thanks for your help guys, I just ordered a T ring adapter from FLO, I think I have a T ring to telescope adapter on my ATK-1C ( I might be wrong though ) I have a barlow I can use as an extension tube removing the lens, should give me about 50mm extra.

RD

Archived