Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

190MN retrofit Dual-speed Crayford focuser

Apparently a not so simple question, does anyone know what width in mm the 190MN focuser is on the dovetail/baseplate end? I've got a Telescope Service focuser baseplate that's central hole is 78mm and I need to know if the 190MN focuser will fit it.

Thanks in advance, I'm having a nightmare trying to find out.

Hi,

The only thing I can measure on mine is the focuser diameter just above the baseplate, (SW dual speed crayford focuser). It is 84mm there. But the centre hole in the baseplate is of course a little bit smaller, could be 78...? However I will not dismantle it to measure right now. Some of the guys out there who did the moonlite focuser replacement must have a loose focuser somewhere to measure on.

Cheers anyway. I wouldn't expect anyone to take their focuser apart, just thinking that perhaps someone's bought one and had to find out the size themselves. I've asked a few retailers and nobody's willing to crack one open and measure it, see. Ho-Hum. I wish I could have found out how difficult this would be before buying the baseplate but there you go, I needed one in hand to confirm their size as well.

Officially knocked on head.

Not a dig at the hobbyist at large but vendors, if you're going to list something as in stock actually have it in stock or at least know the first thing about them. All I want to know is what base plate size it fits/the diameter of the end. Robotically responding that it fits skywatcher baseplates on stock models as a replacement really doesn't cut it as an answer and neither is using the excuse of you not stocking Telescope Service baseplates - TS kit is beside the point, all I want is you to open a packet and hold a ruler against one side and tell me what it is!

Anyway, rant over.

Archived