Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Incoming Vixen VMC110L

So I've put my order in with FLO for one of the Vixen VMC110L scopes to use as a grab and go scope with my heavy duty camera tripod.

I thought it would provide a simpler option than my OmniXLT150 and its CG4 mount/tripod.

I was hoping members who have one of these or knowledge of them might suggest recommended accessories or mods?

What can I do to make the most out of this scope? What would folks recommend?

Also although I doubt it will need it right away, is there anything I'll need to know about any differences between collimation of the VMC from what I know about Newts?

Yeah. Basically the Red dot is hard to align and keep aligned. Also, you'll need a star diagonal for the back viewer most likely, unless you have the tripod up really high and a high stool to sit at.

Also, don't expect to be able to put 2inch eyepieces in it - you'll need special adapters to the t-thread size barrels.

Collimation is quite good between the 2 viewers, with the top one being a little off in my experience.

Really decent scope though - you'll be pleased with it. Gives some really nice views, is really lightweight and portable, and keep fitted to just about anything!

Thats an interesting read gooseholla, I'll have to see what I think to the finder when it comes.

I tihnk I should be ok with the EP holder, as the tripod has a head on it that can be elevated and then locked into position allowing an extra foot / foot and a half on top of the height reached by the legs. Also I pretty much always sit down to observe now, have to take care of my hip So I hope it wont be too much of an issue.

Thinking the tripod might need stabilisation though, seeing your pictures and thinking about how the head turns and locks on my tripod. Will let you know when it comes, I'm hoping its here tomorrow or thursday, so sorry everyone if that interferes by bringing in the clouds

I sit down to observe. The tripod I use extends like yours and even when I have it at full height it can be hard to use the back eyepiece. It is about useable on a bar stool, but even so can be awkward sometimes.

I find the tripod head very flimsy on mine. It can slide down when trying to lock it into place, and can suddenly flip sideways without warning!

Archived