Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Visiting Jodrell Bank

redneon

My wife and I are a having a few days off next week and the week after to relax a bit before our baby arrives in May and we've been planning a few day trips out.

I've been toying with the idea of going to Jodrell Bank (we're about an hour and half's drive away) but I was wondering if it'd be a waste if there's not much there for adults. I get the impression it's more for kids.

I thought I'd post on here and see what the general impression was before making my mind up.

Well I've been a few times and I think its well worth a trip whatever your age, but it isn't a full day out, maybe half a day. True, a lot of what is there is directed at kids, but there is still a lot to learn for the adults, they usualy have a lecture every day in the theatre and its great to see the telecope up close. There's also a nice cafe serving up market scran so all in all, Id go for it

I am off to JB too next month and i am chuffed its aimed at kids. i have alot of space books and they are all kids books... so much easier to understand.

I am looking forward to it and hoping to take some pics of the famous dish

I haven't been since they opened the new visitor centre but its worth a couple of hours. They have a 3D movie theatre which is quite good fun. Try walking the planet trail in the arboretum too ... all the planets and dwarf planets are marked on the ground at the correct relative distances from the Sun. It is quite a hike to get to Eris!

James

Archived