Power supply for synscan Goto mount?

Can anyone recommend a power supply for the Goto mount? A leisure battery would be to big as I would like to be able to carry it around but I would like a rechargeable battery. eBay item number would be helpful if anyone have purchased one on eBay.

Thank you.

hi , goto mounts like a constant stable power supply , there are many posts on here on goto mounts playing up and being unaccurate , often caused by batteries going flat or by running off the small battery packs supplied with these scope , you really need a jumpstarter/lesuire type battery , esp when you start using dew heaters ect :)

I've tried the maplins jump starters & they're ok for a couple of hours but thats it! That style of battery is not ideal for the kind of usage we require.

The leisure battery is definitely the way to go, I had mine for about 2 months & I've not charged it yet & I've used it for at least 10 hours so far. I did try to charge it not long ago using a smart charger but after a couple of mins it came up as fully charged so they do keep their charge for a long time it would appear.

Jeff

Hi,

I also have one of the maplins 5 in 1 batteries which works

OK with my mount but fails to run my astrozap heaters so

I,ve brought another higher rated battery.

I think my 5 in 1 was rated at about 17 aH and my new

battery is rated at 50aH a big difference which comes at

a greater price.

BigBlueOne.

Can anyone tell me what cable I will need to use a leisure battery, thanks.

If you have the cigarette lighter lead you can buy a female cigarette light to two crocodile clips cable for a few pounds from ebay, a camping shop or a car parts shop.

If you check out a camping place you can get smaller leisure batteries in the 25/30Ah region. That is more than 3 times as much as most car starters which tend to be 7-8Ah.

you need a fitting the same as the one on the battery pack you got with scope , a 2.1mm tip positve i think .....

ps jon1000 do you know what a lesuire battery is ?

Thanks mate, it's the 2.1mm part I needed to know, I have seen the official one on sale somewhere but can not remember where.

If you have the cigarette lighter lead you can buy a female cigarette light to two crocodile clips cable for a few pounds from ebay, a camping shop or a car parts shop.

If you check out a camping place you can get smaller leisure batteries in the 25/30Ah region. That is more than 3 times as much as most car starters which tend to be 7-8Ah.

That is what I'm looking at doing, I have seen the lighter socket to telescope mount cable for sale somewhere for about £15 but I can not remember where.

Archived