NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC410 from 2010....an experiment with narrowband pallettes.

RobH

I've just been trawling through my computer and came across this from early 2010.

It's a narrowband image of IC410 with Ha, OIII and SII data. I'm generally not the world's biggest fan of the Hubble pallete and didn't like the result I got with that mapping, so I did an Ha/HA-OIII/OIII version, which, in a fit of madness, I dropped onto the Hubble version, blended at 50%, and this is the result.

I never considered this a finished piece, and, 2 years on, I hate the diffraction spikes :), but I think the overall result is quite pleasing, certainly to me :).

I've no idea of how many subs were used as they are all on another computer (which means I can't reprocess to remove the spikes) and I'm not at home for a few weeks, but the subs were 10 minutes, the scope was a TMB152 and the camera, an Atik 16HR.

Cheers

Rob

robh-albums-rob-hodgkinsons-images-picture15553-ic-410-experiment-colour-pallettes.jpg

Quite like the odd spike to be honest rob.

So do I, but they're the sharpest part of the image, so don't seem quite part of it to me, but then again I'm extremely picky with my own images :)

I'm not a Hubble palette colour fan either, but this looks a little different after you blend. There is lots of detail in the tadpoles. Nice and deep. I see what you mean about the spikes being the sharpest part of the image. Clone stamp time?

Tom.

It'll stay as it is for now Tom until I can get at the original data and reprocess.....I've also got a much wider image from this January to process so will probably play around with all of the data and do a blend.

Cheers

Rob

I like it too. When you get colour around the Tadpoles they usually semi-disappear but there the palette has brought them to the foreground.

What I can't cope with in the Hubble is the green! It just isn't right to see green up there in space, rare objects excepted.

Olly

Archived