Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Keeper Kit!

Damo636

There are certain pieces of kit when acquired that will stay with us for the duration. My latest is the 2" 2x Powermate. I was never a fan of barlows as i thought by adding additional glass into the optical train i was degrading the image. Last night i used the PM with all 3 eyepieces that i own and in every case it excelled. With the 26 Nagler the eye relief was unaffected and the resulting views were lovely, sharp and bright, and to my eyes aberration free at 115x. I can honestly say if i didn't own the 13 Ethos i would be more than happy with this combination. I observed Jupiter with the 13 Ethos and PM (230x) and even though it wasn't fully dark i had the best views of the planet to date. The cloud belts oozed detail and the grs was a sight to behold. All in all a top piece of kit that literally does disappear in the optical train & i would recommend to anyone considering a barlow.

There are certain pieces of kit when acquired that will stay with us for the duration. My latest is the 2" 2x Powermate. I was never a fan of barlows as i thought by adding additional glass into the optical train i was degrading the image. Last night i used the PM with all 3 eyepieces that i own and in every case it excelled. With the 26 Nagler the eye relief was unaffected and the resulting views were lovely, sharp and bright, and to my eyes aberration free at 115x. I can honestly say if i didn't own the 13 Ethos i would be more than happy with this combination. I observed Jupiter with the 13 Ethos and PM (230x) and even though it wasn't fully dark i had the best views of the planet to date. The cloud belts oozed detail and the grs was a sight to behold. All in all a top piece of kit that literally does disappear in the optical train & i would recommend to anyone considering a barlow.

They are just superb aren't they?:)

Regards Steve

Archived