Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2403

malc-c

Tried something different last night. Rather than image the normal brighter Messier galaxies M81 / M82 I thought I would hop down and over a bit and try something I've never imaged before.. NGC2403.

This being the 1st time I had no idea what to expect, and the moon was slightly over half phase so not really ideal for DSO imaging... but I got something which was a result :)

Stack of 20 x 360s subs @ 800ISO + 10 Darks. Stacked in DSS and cropped in Photoshop

post-23388-133877726202_thumb.png

Thanks,

I think another couple of hours worth of data, and a nice moonless night would bring out more details... I also need to sort out the post processing, still learning, but I'm thankful it wasn't a complete waste of time

QM, yes discovering something new (for me) was exciting :)

I'm going to re-process the image as it seems DSS degraded the image somewhat..Hopefully it might look better... but then I'm still trying to get to grips with the dark art of post processing

if you have the stacked 16bit tiff I would love to have a go :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

To be honest, I've bee trying so much in the past hour and a half I have a clue what's what !

Here's a re-processed on in Nebulosity 2 - seems that the verticle banding on this one has gone (same as the M81 example in one of my other threads)

Also the stacked FIT is 35MB which is too large, and I've lost track of the TIFS... !

post-23388-1338777265_thumb.jpg

Archived