Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hard to focus with DSLR

So I have the 150pds on my HEQ5 mount, I have managed to locate the moon using the 2" eye piece supplied with the scope. All looks good and in focus but once I took the 2" adaptor off and put in the 1.25" onto the duel focuser, then attached the T ring and mount onto my 600D. I could not get it close enough to focus. Is there something I have doing wrong?

There isn't enough inward focus travel to focus with the camera connected like that. I've read (I don't have and haven't used a newt) that the end of the drawtube where the eyepiece goes, can be removed to reveal a t-thread. Attach the camera directly to that, and you can achieve focus. Otherwise you can use a barlow to increase the image scale, and you should also be able to achieve focus.

I used the following adapters on my scope and couldn't seem to get my dslr to focus, I can't figure out how to get it any closer and I don't have a barlow so I don't know if that would fix it. Will have to go and buy one it seems.

post-28902-133877725916_thumb.jpg

post-28902-133877725921_thumb.jpg

Archived