NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BST EXPLORER OR TMB PLANETARY II

garryblueboy

Few posts and the BST's have usually come out on top.

The BST's or the same under a different name has been described as a flat field eyepiece, which are better for a fast scope.

So if it were me I would opt for the BST.

If you want less the 5mm then it will have to be the TMB's.

Alan does a try before you buy option you could request one of each to trial and return the worst. Someone on SGL did that and the outcome was thatthe TMB went back, the BST was kept.

Have a search for the thread about 3 weeks ago I guess.

Let us know how you get on, because I really like my BSTs in an F5 scope, but have got on less well with the 8mm TMB 'designed' EP, albeit, that's had less to do with correction in a fast scope.

Now it's near pay day, I'd planned on having a look at the TMB/TMB Designed/BST 5mm EPs for the occasions when they're useful. Depending on the outcome of that, I'd either just buy an 8mm BST and dump the TMBD, or revise my opinion all round!

Russell

Just tried out the 8mm explorer eyepiece and must say a very nice piece build quality is £££ more than the cost very similar to my meade 5000 sw and view of jupiter was very good conditions permitting i will def be purchasing more in this set in the future .

:)

Archived