Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to make a mosaic of the moon?

Russe

Hey,

I'm sure you could use Gimp or Photoshop to stich the photo's togeather, might a bit labour intensive though.

you could try Microsoft ICE

Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

It has built in features for blending the edge of photo's.

I think the programme I used was different, but I'm at work at the moment and can't remember is name. I'll have a look when I get home and post unless someone beats me to it.

Stu

MS ICE is exellent or you can use "imerge" which is also free (and works with .bmp files). If you have fine lines round the edge of your shots then you can crop them off with GIMP or Photoshop (or Paint, I think will do it, as well as MS Picture editor etc) before you do the stitching.

That's a good mosaic - well done. A hint (which I hope is helpful) - when you set up the camera get the exposure/gain set for the brightest part of the Moon. the rest of the image will be OK as you can always increase the brightness using your photo-software. If you overexpose the bright bits then you cannot reclaim them by turning the brightness down as the detail is already lost.

Archived