Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

West Sussex Meetings?

Kedvenc

Any other people local in West Sussex interested in meeting up for an evening? I live near to Pulborough and happy to travel up to around an hour. I'm fortunate enough to live in the rural countryside on a large farm with reasonably dark skies (I can see the milky way most cloud free nights and also star parties/regular place to meet is a possibility) but it'd be nice to do some star gazing with some fellow people.

Hi

Have a Google for Worthing Astronomers. I haven't signed up yet, but they organise regular group observing sessions. I live in Worthing, and don't seem to do much observing nowadays, but might be interested in meeting up. Dark skies in Pulborough sound enticing!

Feel free to have a look at the worthing astronomers site as Chuen says (link in sig). Also if your on facebook do a search for worthing skywatchers. we tend to observe in findon and on goring sea front but have public events at splash point on worthing sea front

I signed up to Worthing Astronomers some time ago. I see on the website that you are planning observing sessions at Findon but can't find any details on either of the sites :). I can't access the members area either :).

Dates on the web site show sessions on 17th and 18th at findon. Details will be in the feb news letter which will be out next week but feel free to contact Brian who's address is on the site or you can PM me on here. The members area link takes you to the clubbz web site which you will need to register with but I have to admit it is not very good and a few features don't seem to work I have suggested a different approach but ultimatley the decission is not mine. This is one of the downsides of running a free society. All of our information has to be passed using free methods which although available it can take time to find the right free service provider

I popped out last night to Wiston, and had a great (cold) night. On the way back I stopped at Findon to compare, and it seemed just as good, if not better, but less obvious parking (don't know exactly where you guys set up). I forgot to bring my Sky Quality Meter, but would have been interesting to compare the numbers.

You would be welcome to come along. Why not sign up with the WA and receive the news letters (its free)? All observing sessions will be listed for the month normally only 1 or 2 per month. I believe in the past we have also hoocked up with the horsham astro society and I know there are talks of a big meet up in the summer somewhere in mid sussex for all the local astro groups to get together

Archived