Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with new binoculars

Syntarsus

I bought some new binoculars off a private Ebay seller which arrived today. They are Opticron 20x80 observation binoculars (with a central support bar). Described as unused they certainly look like it and are in pristine condition. They arrived extremely well packaged in a box with lots of bubble wrap and foam pellets too.

However I can't focus both sides at the same time. They are central focusing, not independent focusing. I turn the diopter adjustment on the R barrel all the way out (maximum plus sign) but it's not enough to sync that barrel with the LH one.

My eyes might not be perfect but I don't think they're out that much. And on my smaller 8x40 the R barrel focus is in the almost neutral (centre) setting.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome. Thanks.

Observation-WP-away.jpg

Hi there - even though you bought these second hand, they are still covered by our warranty (10 + 20 years):

Opticron - Guarantees

They will almost certainly need to come back to our office in Luton for checking/fixing. Info on how to do that is here:

Opticron - Servicing and Repair

Please note that shipping will be at your cost.

But first call the office and ask to speak to Stuart or Sarah for advice.

HTH.

Cheers, Pete - Sales & Marketing Manager, Opticron

Archived