NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Nebula 23rd Jan Auto Dob & DFK

Space Cowboy

Thanks guys! This is just a temporary filler until Mars and Saturn come around to pre-midnight Simon, the most deep sky equipment I'm likely to buy is a focal reducer :D Did try 10 sec subs but half the avi was corrupted so it looks like single shot mode is needed for longer exposures. I reckon 10 sec will work ok with a focal reducer. Yeah, the most deep sky stuff I'm gonna tackle is m42 and m31 :) Chances are so few and far between as the Dob can't cope with any breeze doing this kinda stuff.

Looking good if you want to inhance the colours try using match colour settings slide the colour and luminance settings up after duplicating the image then apply a hide all layer mask and paint the colours back in with a low opacity. :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike!

Tried m31 last night but not as successful at this kind of focal length, looks like it needs much longer exposures which this setup is not capable of especially when there is a pesky breeze! Think I will stick with m42....maybe try doing a mosaic.

Cheers Mike!

Tried m31 last night but not as successful at this kind of focal length, looks like it needs much longer exposures which this setup is not capable of especially when there is a pesky breeze! Think I will stick with m42....maybe try doing a mosaic.

I'd really like to see how your mosaic turns out.

It's remarkable that you've managed to capture such a clear image without any obvious field rotation. Perhaps a mosaic of this area will turn out fairly well, I'm really interested as it's a great example of what can be done with a little perseverance!

All the best,

Mike

Sorry I use photoshop so dont know about those ones. But if you go through my photoshop tutorials on my blog they will teach you all about hide all layer masks. :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Cheers I will take a look at your tutorials!

Thanks Neil and Mike!

Archived