Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Software for a Mac

Acamar

Hey all.

I have recently bought a macbook pro and i am not sure what software is the best to use on it for picture stacking etc.

Could anyone give me a list of the best must have software to use on the mac and how much it costs?

Thanks a lot

You also have Microprojects EquinoxPro software for planetarium/mount control which I use quite happily on my old Intel 2.? 17" PowerBook

Darryl also offers EquinoxImage software for controlling SBIG CCD cameras - in fact I'm beta testing the 'dual camera' version at the moment for running an STF8300 and separate ST-i guide camera!

index

I also have Craig Stark's, (StarkLabs) Nebulosity software for pre-processing and alignment.

From them you've got PHD for guiding (free!), see:

Stark Labs

Adobe Photoshop for everything else with 'Noel's Actions' and Russell Croman's Gradient XT plug-ins.

Astronomy Tools Action Set by ProDigital Software

GradientXTerminator

Deconvolution software is the biggest headache for us Mac users.... I have Topaz Labs InFocus software to experiment with that - another Photoshop plug-in I'm afraid!

http://www.topazlabs.com/infocus

For just looking/getting ideas and presentations to my group I use Stellarium:

Stellarium

This link is quite useful - some other software on there for webcams, stacking, planning, etc:

The Mac in Astronomy

Hope that helps - 'fellow Mac user!'

Damian

Archived