Powering Dual Axis Motor advice

Hello all,

I would like to power my dual axis motors on my HEQ5 as batteries are too much hassle and are expensive. I run an extension lead up to the patio to run my laptop without it dying. Is it possible to use this :

6V 2A 5.5mmx2.1mm 5.5x2.1 AC-DC Switching Power Adaptor | eBay

I think this is the voltage of the motors but I am not 100% sure. Please could you advise me?

Thanks

I know the EQ5 basic mount used 6V add-on motors (I used to power them from a 12v 20Ah gel cell battery via a power adaptor fitted with a 6V regulator chip (Maplin's)

I have the HEQ5pro mount which definately needs 12V supply, but I don't know about the HEQ basic model...I'd assume it would also be 12v??

I know the EQ5 basic mount used 6V add-on motors (I used to power them from a 12v 20Ah gel cell battery via a power adaptor fitted with a 6V regulator chip (Maplin's)

I have the HEQ5pro mount which definately needs 12V supply, but I don't know about the HEQ basic model...I'd assume it would also be 12v??

Thanks Merlin,

Is there anyway to check on the motors? The battery pack in 8x1.5 volt D batteries = 12volts together but I dont know what the amp rating would be?

The HEQ5 dual axis non goto mount is 12v. I would recommend the same size of psu as used by the Pro versions of the mount, 12v 2amps min regulated.

Peter

Thanks Cornelius, muchly appreciated

Thanks and I take it that its the right connection for the mount?

Thanks all again

Archived