Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big white thing arrived in a box today

Hi Kaptin,

Nipped over from the other forum to post you the pictures. Don't think you got them in the PM.

The Tal 200K I have is serial number 152 built in 2001.

Total tube length is 410 mm and the white tube is 355mm long. total focus travel is 25 mm. looks like there is a lot of changes.

BR Peter.

post-13626-133877328838_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh thanks Peter, that's a great view of the focuser that I thought I was getting. Looks like there are several changes, as I can't see any way of adjusting the collimation in yours. Mine has a removeable ring around the outside of the focuser flange under which are six screws to do the collimation. I haven't had the ring off yet as it is quite firmly stuck (don't yet know how) so I'll leave it where it is until I get the urge to tamper.

I'll give the tube a coat of measuring and report back if its the same.

Welcome to "the other place" BTW, its good to see you here.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Yes there are lots of changes by the looks of it. To get to the collimation screws I need to remove the focuser by taking out the four screws at it's base. It has never gone out in the two years I've had it so had no need to try them. Mine needs a clean but am reluctant to do it as I'm not sure how to do it for best.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for posting the images of your Ob. interior and setup KK, I apologize for my tardy response.

You are well set up for the job as I can see now. The images you produce are testament to the fact.

The Tal has already shown it's capability with the Globular pic. and I look forward to seeing all that follows

Cheers Ron. :)

• 3 years later...
Hi Kaptin,

Nipped over from the other forum to post you the pictures. Don't think you got them in the PM.

The Tal 200K I have is serial number 152 built in 2001.

Total tube length is 410 mm and the white tube is 355mm long. total focus travel is 25 mm. looks like there is a lot of changes.

BR Peter.

Whilst trawling through some old 'Tal' thread, I came across this old post.

THAT'S MY SCOPE IN THE PIC, ABOVE. Woohoo:D

I bought it from Daz. Wonder if Daz bought it from PeterN ??

How weird is that? I dashed through to the spare room to check the serial no. , as it rang a bell!!

:headbang:Andy

ps: Read last week on the Tal factory forum, that those rings were made especially for a batch of 200K's sent to the UK.

pps: #152 2001 still looking good three years on !!

4312449588_21f373a0f1.jpg

Archived