NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexstar Controller

Is it possible to get an extension cable for the Nexstar hand controller on my 130SLT. The cable it comes with is ridiculous - it touches tripod and sometimes scope and as a result I get the wobbles. :) If it is possible any idea of where?

Ah I should have explained - I don't always use the GoTo - I sometimes star hop just using the hand controller to slew the scope (helps improve my knowledge of the sky). The short cable therefor causes the problem I have described.

eBay My World - aqua-e3y

this is a link to an ebay seller who is great to deal with , i have bought several cables for my meade scope from , including an auto star extension lead , which was 3mtrs straight lead (not a curly one lol) , great service and easy to deal with , they make the cables to order . i also purchased a usb pc connect lead for my autostar and updated my handset ...it is now much more accurate at finding things :):icon_salut:

• 5 months later...

Re-opening this thread...

What length of extension have people been able to use? I bought a 10m fully connected rj11 (or rj14 as all six conductors are connected) cable and a fully connected rj1/rj14 coupler but no joy.

I am thinking that perhaps the voltage drop over a 10m-cable-plus-coupler-plus-existing-captive-cable on the controller is too much. Maybe the power, or the control signals, are not traversing the end-to-end cable??

Archived