newbie.......looking for some bins recommendations

saxon46

hi I'm a newbie to the site and as you can see is my first post,I'm looking for a set of bins 8x50,10x50.......I've trawled thru ebay but I'm not sure what I should be looking for make wise just got confused:confused:.

I've got a budget of about £50,and want a decent make,do you boys know of any deals around at the moment,or maybe have a decent pair for sale..........thanks in advance:p

I asked this question yesterday and the majority recommended the Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. I picked them up today for £64 from Rother Valley Optics. Not had chance to stargaze yet due to cloud cover, but i've used them today to observe various points of terrain in my area and im impressed so far, the quality for the price is amazing.

Hope this helps,

Nick.

hi nick just wanted to add that I don't want to use a tripod with these bins thats why I am looking for the smaller size bins,what are the ones you've got like are they quite big or heavy???....but thanks for the quick reply fella much appreciated

when i was looking at bins i was told to look for a pair of 10x50 with poro prisms and bak7 glass 10x50 are easyer than the 15x70 to handle without to much shaking i managed to pick up a pair of bresser 10x50s for £11 from the local aldi they dont come around much, they are exactly the same as the meade 10x50s but much cheaper hope this helps

hi nick just wanted to add that I don't want to use a tripod with these bins thats why I am looking for the smaller size bins,what are the ones you've got like are they quite big or heavy???....but thanks for the quick reply fella much appreciated

You won;t be able to use 15X70s without some form of support. Best you could get away with would be a monopod. I'd suggest 10X50s. Not having so much magnification is actually an advantage as you can sweep around the sky more easily and you get a wider field of view. Pleiades through 10X50s is great.

Mine are Olympus DPS1 10X50 from Amazon, at about fifty quid. Excellent quality for the money, I really can't fault them. I use them far more than my 15X70s.

Archived