NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

got any advice on these scopes thanks!

still trying to decide on a first scope , seen a few good reviews on a celestron SLT 127 goto scope and was wondering has anyone got this and whats the good points and bad ........ Also i keep getting drawn to looking at Dobs because of the size of the aperture for the money you pay , but i wanted to try to do some planetary photos and was wondering how hard is this with a dob bearing in mind iam new to this ...

Thanks for taking the time to read this .....

Clear skies !!!!

the concensus of opinion here will be that for imaging its best to use the celestron and use a webcam to get you started, after that it becomes more expensive and can never stop. If you just fancy observing the dob would be your best choice.

I am sure others will give more details on what to choose and why, either way I hope you get a telescope soon and start enjoying the night sky. :)

I own the Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT and I find it a great little scope. Compact, easily transportable, easy to store and it is reasonably powerful for it's physical size.

I don't do any imaging at the moment, but I intend to do somethime in the future via a webcab.

As I have previously said when responding to previous people who have the 127 on their lists, a must have accessory to buy with the scope would be a Maplin 3 in 1 powertank to drive the thing otherwise you will end up spending a fortune on batteries.

Archived