NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice needed for a Celestron C102-GT telescope – model no. 21016.

Hi I have just joined here so i am new. I have this telescope Celestron C102-GT telescope – model no. 21016. I have had it for just over 10 years, havent used it much, infact havent used it for about 6 years and was going to get it out again this week after watching Stargazing Live.

Anyway I am wondering if its possible to add a motor or a computerised motor to it to make it easier to find things in the sky (I have to do it manualy at the moment).

can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

Hi Ants,

I've had a quick look for this scope but the ones turning up ARE motorised go-to scopes so I suspect not the same as yours especially as you've had yours 10 years or so. Any chance of posting a picture of yours and someone may be able to help?

Tom

Hi Ants,

I've had a quick look for this scope but the ones turning up ARE motorised go-to scopes so I suspect not the same as yours especially as you've had yours 10 years or so. Any chance of posting a picture of yours and someone may be able to help?

Tom

Thanks for your reply Tom, here is a picture of it, not taken by myself but done a search and found this which is the same.

21016_c4r_mid.gif

Great. Right it looks like you've got a cg-4 or cg-5 equatorial mount.

You can quite easily add motor drives to both axis. I did this on my cg-5 at around £90. You get a small hand control with direction buttons and 3 speed slewing controls but no go-to capabilities. A go-to add on is available (definately for the cg-5 anyway) but is very expensive at around £350.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Think this is the set you'll need....

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-mounts/dual-axis-motor-drive-for-cg-4-and-omni.html

Archived