Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

should i use adobe rgb settings on my dslr??

aRGB will give you the maximum colour range but having said that you will need to convert the image to sRGB for web display and most printers. Personally I shoot in aRGB and then stay with that colour profile right through the processing and save an unsharpened master tiff file in aRGB. After that I would make secondary images from the tiff master for web display etc and convert those images to sRGB so they look correct when viewed online.

Colour space only has any effect when shooting in jpg. If you are shooting Raw then don't worry about this setting. However for the average Jpg shooter (both astro and regular) just leave it in sRGB so you dont get any unexpected colour shifts between editing and viewing on the web.

• 1 year later...
Colour space only has any effect when shooting in jpg. If you are shooting Raw then don't worry about this setting. However for the average Jpg shooter (both astro and regular) just leave it in sRGB so you dont get any unexpected colour shifts between editing and viewing on the web.

Great! Exactly the answer I was looking for!!

Archived