Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a Night!!

Tiddles

I'm away from home with work for a few days and very glad I slung my scope in the car.

I took a trip to FLO in Exeter expecting to find a retail outlet, although not what I expected they were very helpful even though they were about to close up. I was after something with a little higher magnification to add to the stock EP's that came with my scope. I thought a Barlow on the stock 10mm EP might reveal its flaws so decided on the Celestron 6mm Plossl. One was pulled off the shelf and I was advised to take a trip up to the observatory to try it out. If I liked it "find Martin and pay for it, if not just give it back" I was gobsmacked, what service, I am unknown by the shop and trusted to just walk off with the EP.

I went up to Norman Lockyer Observatory and met lots of like minded individuals for a fabulous night observing. Clear skies great seeing and a glimpse of where my hobby is heading. For now I'm sticking with purely visual, but the tech involved with AP is just my cup of tea.

I feel some run ins with the bank manager in the not too distant future!!

Unfortunately the EP wasn't for me and I returned it to Martin who advised me to save for a Baader. They can be assured that they will be seeing some of my cash in future. It's going to be a tough call though as Zoltan of 365Astronomy has also been most helpful in setting me on the right path.

A big thank you for the warm welcome from fellow Astronomers and I was so pleased to let a few members of the public catch a glimpse of Jupiter and the Orion Nebula through my scope. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling sharing these sights with people who have never witnessed them. Although a newcomer to the hobby, its nice to give something back.

Andy

Archived