Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange issue EQmod or PHD or sumat else?

Earl

My start up procedure is as follows.

EQmod on boot,

CDC

PHD

Nebulosity start tec

Slew, rough frame, guide calibration, final frame

Go make a brew while tec settles

I have noticed that some times PHD stops guiding and the stars start to drift, I press stop on eqmod to stop the mount and it does not, sometimes also I find that the mount decides to keep on slewing even after it has been stopped?

Basically a little erratic behaviour that does not appear to have any obvious cause.

Loose wire? I know it sounds obvious, but.......

By opening the running commentary window from within EQmod, you can see what is going on. It will tell you if connection to the mount is lost.

It does sounds like it's loosing communication, EQASCOM only sends commands to the mounts board when it needs it to do something. If it stops talking to the mount then the mount will just carry on doing the last thing it was told to so it just carries on tracking or slewing.

The usual culprits are un-powered USB hubs and serial to USB drivers. Some powered USB hubs can also show this problem, so even if you're running a powered hub it may be worthwhile trying a different one.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived