Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Would this work?

StarryEyes

I have yet to do any serious imaging as I haven't fully set up my kit to be able to do this (which is really bad seen as I have had my scope nearly a year! :)).

I am a Mac user and have been looking at different threads and searching the internet for a stacking software for when I finally have some images to work with.

When I was reacently reading a copy of Practical Photography there was an article on how to take images of star trails and it referred to some free software (for mac) called Starstax.

I know in that case it was used to merge images of star trails but I was wondering if anyone had come across it and whether it uses the same principle as other stacking software and would work for stacking astro images.

I haven't tried this but from reading the info I would say probably not powerful enough. I use Nebulosity (ok at $60 not free) & PS for post processing on the Mac, with a Win7 Virtual machine (Fusion) for Deep Sky Stacker & any other apps (Registax etc) that don't have a Mac equivalent.

Oh yes.. and there's Keiths Image Stacker but last time I tried it it didn't run very well on Snow Leopard.

Archived