NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Obsy/shed recommendations

Have a look in the DIY section of the forum - there are many and varied design for all kinds of Observatory and many of them are shed conversions of one sort or another. My own is a metal shed conversion which was quite easy to do and works very well. Its been in use for a couple of years now with no problems at all.

I'm in the middle of a build, nothing fancy just something that hopefully works, base is build, pier foundation setting, wood is on order, guide rails and rollers for the roof are waiting in the garage approx total cost £500.00, labour is all mine.

Butterfly design, splitting in the centre, roof splits and recedes 2.2tf in each direction guided by two 3m lengths of C section guide rail sideways mounted and slightly angled, drilled to drain with 40mm Nylon rollers, the Stowe is based on a pent design with individually framed roof sections with a 9" overlap to rubber seal and bolted when closed to protect from weather. if all goes well it will work as it should and i will be able to pop some pics up in the next few weeks with some design layout and some photos of the rail and overlap system......we shall see hey (English weather and all)

I'll stop now as i'm getting excited thinking about it, i'v spent the day laying armoured cable around the garden, whilst waiting for the expanding foam to set around the pier base, all cable pulls are in and i'm just waiting on the rest to turn up to carry on..

Archived