SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sony A350 DSLR HELP!

WhiteRhino

I can second that adapter...I got that as well for my a300. You will also need say an celestron t-adapter as well.

Celestron 93625 Universal 1.25-inch Camera T-Adapter:Amazon:Camera & Photo

I also could not get focus on my dslr because I didn't have enough back focus...so if you connect your camera up to your scope and can't focus even trying to put it super close to your secondary, then you probably don't have enough back focus and will need an extension tube as well...looking for a good one right now that will fit the bill. Good luck.

No! You need to get the camera further in not further out. Newts very often don't have a short enough tube to use a DSLR directly at prime focus. You can make it work with a Barlow though. There are Newts specially designed for AP with DSLRs eg. Skywatcher Explorer-150P DS

The new Skywatcher Explorer-150P DS has the same superb parabolic primary mirror as the Explorer-150P but features a 1.25"/2" Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser for enhanced focus control and a shorter tube length with the secondary mirror positioned closer to the primary mirror for more convenient prime-focus photography.

No! You need to get the camera further in not further out. Newts very often don't have a short enough tube to use a DSLR directly at prime focus. You can make it work with a Barlow though. There are Newts specially designed for AP with DSLRs eg. Skywatcher Explorer-150P DS

Yeah I thought the same gina, but for some reason my focal point increased much further out. I have not confirmed this with my dslr even though I couldn't get focus having the camera up close, but this was the case with the first web cam I modded and tried out...I did not achive focus until ~7+ inches away from the secondary mirror...although that is probably very scope dependant as I don't have a normal reflector and it is all noobie...

That is why I suggested an extender if he cannot get focus even by taking the t-adapter off and moving it as close to the secondary as possible. Will let ya know how the dslr works as I am going to try it out when I get home tonight.

Archived