Finderscope

Just got my Heritage Flextube today but have had a bit of difficulty lining the red dot finderscope up - I had to take it all the way to the end of the vertical adjustment and it is still slightly out. Had a look at the finderscope plastic mount thing but can't think of a workaround to get it angled better - any ideas??

really? even the mighty telrad?

i never used that scope/rdf, but i like my baader skysurfer rdf. it really helps getting the scope pointed in the right place easily. daf1999, can you get a bit of wiggle room in the base of the rdf by slackening the screw and moving it an re-tightening? maybe it would help getting enough adjustment?

oh, paul i just re-read your post. you mean, you don't think that particular scope needs a finder at all? i get you... i can see that being the case with that scope. i thought you meant you didn't like finders at all. my bad.

I have no time/need/want/use for any kind of finder.

Give me a 30mm EP and and i will star hop my way around the universe.

thats what ive been doing for the last ten months, its challenging at times,but i get there in the end(usually)

"barebones astronomy" :icon_scratch:

Archived