Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neximage or camera?

I have a Nexstar SLT 102 and was bidding on ebay for a neximage ccd camera last week but was outbid. Does anybody have any tips for attaching cameras to my sort of scope? Neximage any good? it seems good value at £99. I currently have a 4 megapixel pentax compact and I'm not sure its suitable. I'd like to photograph solar system objects and things like the whirlpool galaxy if it were possible. Thanks, Huw.

The NextImage is just a webcam in a different casing, a Phillips Toucam would do a similar job on solar system objects and you'd probably get more help on SGL using one as a lot of people seem to have them. As standard niether camera is really suitable for DSO imaging but the Toucam can be modified to take long exposure shots.

Useful advive this as the Toucam arrived today :police:

But I'm having problems downloading K3CCD free version - it keeps stopping and won't respond to end task either! Any ideas??

thanks

Helen

Archived