Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first attempt at M31

samir_ansari

Hi all!

Here is my first real attempt at M31. I've had a few goes at this in the past but never got anything worth processing. This was just 2 10 minute subs with subtracted flats and darks:

6650310267_9b49ed073f_b.jpg

Clearly it's suffering from severe field rotation and lack of subs but it's a start I guess! Also this was taken literally in the heart of central London and came out a bit better than I had hoped :( (although I'm definitely going to have to rotate the came 90 degrees on my next attempt!)

Very nice! lot's of signal in little time and the darks and flats are clearly just on the money and that's not all that easy! This one is worth returning to over a number of night to add more signal!

Thanks for sharing

EDIT: PS try shorter subs too, to mitigate star trails. Lots and lots written about long subs vs short btw... Please keep adding to this one, it is quality stuff!

Archived