Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A very bad M109

Quatermass

I know this is a rubbish image but I dont care its good to share the rubbish efforts and tonight it was blowing all over the place and this was taken with only 28 40 second subs most of which were dire and it was also taken above my next door neighbours conservatory that was lit up like a Christmas tree and in the worst area for light pollution. All awful conditions but I have proved to myself that even in the most dire conditions its still gives me a lot of pleasure to be able to see something better this way then trying to see it through my lens. I have begun to discover lots of really hard to see galaxy's doing this and believe this is my new way of observing. Cant see that faint fuzzy then simply take a few shots with the camera and there it is. I hardly new it was there from the stacked images but now I know where to look its going to get another attempt from me even if it means getting in the car and finding a dark field somewhere. Galaxy hunting is my new obsession. :hello2::D

m109.JPG

This is what it should look like but I was pleased that I managed to get an image at all and now I have something to aim for..

612px-M109HunterWilson09.jpg

But even better then that ALL OF THE STREET LIGHT HAVE GONE OFF :headbang::eek:hooray the council have at long last turned the dam things off its brilliant tempted to go out again and have another go wahooooooo :confused::D:D:headbang:;):headbang::(:headbang::o:)

cheers tinker I just couldnt resist going out again when the street lights all got turned off wow what a difference! Took about 60 more subs this time I captured much better data so cant wait to process it all tomorrow phew what a great night now 2:30am better get some sleep.You just cant beat a night under the stars so glad the council have finally killed of the street lights :):beer:

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

My favourite type of astronomy :o

I'm also a bit of a galaxy hunter - I'd recommend Aladin (download the app - it's quicker) to help. There's more resources and better facilities in finding what the obscure fuzzies are in a photo :(

Hi John

I was really struggling with the wind last night but after I packed up at 12 all the street lights went out and the wind dropped so decided to go out again, utter nutter. Much better and Im now stacking the subs so will post my results on here in a while :(:)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived