Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last session out...

AJE

During my last DSO imaging session out I managed to capture a few object that came out better than any previous attempts. This is mainly due to the 300D (as apposed to the Toucam).

Here's M13

M13_8th_may_2005.jpg

It seems so long ago now since I was last out (when it was actually dark). I popped my head out the door a few nights ago at mignight and found that it was still pretty light - so I went to bed. Roll on August.

LB

Very nice Image Lb, the Canon 300D certainly gives splendid photographs and it's good that you have captured M13 fantasticly looks more natural than most m13 images i have seen over the web.

James

What I really liked about the 300D is the FOV. The FOV is 2 x 1.6 degree's or something like that. So although the GC is smaller than a lot I think it's nice to have some surrounding "space" :)

I've got a few others from that night that didn't come out so well, I'll dig them out and upload them to my site if your interested.

An 11th magnitude galaxy that's frequently overlooked when viewing or photographing. Nice catch, Andy and LB.

There's another feature of M13 itself I like to point out that's very clear in this image. It's called the Propeller. If you look closely at the bottom edge in this image, you'll notice there's a dearth of stars just off the center. Keep looking and you'll notice the pattern in the lack of stars of a perfectly symmetrical, three bladed airplane propeller. If you're patient, you can find it through the eyepiece as well.

Check it out!

Never heard of the Propeller before Astroman - and I've read many a deep sky book in my time!

Perhaps you should publish one of your own. It would certainly be an education.

Yes, I see it in Ant's (LB's) image. By 'edge' you of course mean the edge of the globular as opposed to the edge of the frame.

Archived