Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M35 - From LAX

AlexxxAA

Here is my second sketch ever :(

Since the moon was high and bright, i thought i would seek out something that would be kind of bright through the moon-glow.

Unfortunately the regular light pollution didnt help either.

I was saddened that not even with averted vision, theres was absolutely no signs of any fuzziness of NGC 2158 ;)

Hopefully on a moonless night i will have better luck :)

Hope you guys like it and approve.

post-24989-133877713064_thumb.jpg

I tell you what, that is a fantastic sketch Alex. Really like how you've rendered that with the brighter and fainter stars in the cluster. A super representation of what is a challenging cluster to draw simply because there are so many stars to plot. Very good :(

I tell you what, that is a fantastic sketch Alex. Really like how you've rendered that with the brighter and fainter stars in the cluster. A super representation of what is a challenging cluster to draw simply because there are so many stars to plot. Very good :o

Thank you so much :p ! It means alot. I'm really excited about getting back into observations. I already bought a sketchbook to keep my collection of observations :(

This M35 was the first in the book. I think the Kite will be next when the Moon fades away a little.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent rendering Alex.

As Seb said, a difficult target to represent with so many stars in the field.

I particularly like your treatment of the brighter ones!

Clear skies,

Damian

Thank you Damian! :)

I found it very tedious... But I stuck with it eventhough it was cold. I'm waiting for a clear night to search for more fuzzies :)

Archived