Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 with surrounding nebulosity

Looking Up

This is my M42 from a week or so ago, last night I captured some short exposures for the core but can't work out how to integrate them together in PI :)! So here it is with blown out core!!! 117 of 130, 80 sec iso 800 using 300mm 2.8 and 40D. DSS and PI. Guided with PHD. CLS clip filter.

Spencer

post-24630-133877712094_thumb.jpg

Awesome work and great with the lens. Agree about the colour, too magenta. Have a play with the balance a bit. But that is just nit picking, it is a great image and one you should be very proud of.

I notice you are using PI, have a play with colour calibration using 2 previews, one for the background and one for the white of the core. Switch structure detection off for the white.

RAC, I used it at 2.8, don't have any option since I removed the whole back end of the lens to fit a 2 inch Baader clicklock to it! I only have PS Elements and it seems very limited when trying to do more complex stuff!

Archived