Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Moon image, after weeks of cloud!

Hermit

Only just getting into astrophotography, and a bit difficult with a dobsonian with no tracking(!), but am loving it so far. Am pleased with this still from an unprocessed AVI that I shot with a Philips SPC900 Webcam and Skywatcher Heritage 130p. :p

post-25595-133877711893_thumb.jpg

Thanks all.

daf - I bought a nosepiece/adaptor for the flashed Philips SPC900 (after removing its lens / IR filter), screwed the adaptor in and just put the adaptor in the eyepiece, brought the moon into focus, left the scope steady, and recorded the video via wxAstrocapture with the webcam attached to my netbook. Take a look at this:

Philips SPC900NC Webcam for Astrophotography

If you're looking for a similar kit then take a look at Morgan Computers:

Buy Cheap Astronomy at Morgan Computers

It's a but difficult with planetary videos (I've only tried it with Jupiter) as I'm constantly chasing Jupiter due to the rotation of the Earth whilst trying to perfect the capture settings in wxAstrocapture, which is why I'm thinking of getting this:

Sky-Watcher MERLIN SYNSCAN AZ GOTO Computerised Table Top ALT AZIMUTH Mount=

Archived